About us...

Two moms trying to raise their families a little greener, a little healthier, and with a whole lot of love. All this while trying to save a little green along the way. Product reviews, green ideas, money-saving tips, and more!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

30% off at Gymboree


If you know Daniella or I personally, you know we are HUGE fans of Gymboree!

Their Circle of Friends sale is going on today through Sunday which means 30% off everything (regular price AND SALE!) in store or online. To get the 30% off online, use code: GYMCLUB and purchases over $100 ship for free. A coupon is required in-store, but I have found they pass out the coupons when you walk in the store or sign up for their emails via the website and you should get a coupon emailed to you.

Additionally, it is Gymbuck earning time, so for every $50 you spend, you'll get a $25 Gymbuck! If you're not familiar with how these work, you can use a $25 Gymbuck like a credit when you purchase $50 worth of merchandise during the redemption dates! That's like getting everything you purchase for 50% off!

Shop on, ladies!

Added by Daniella:
I love gymboree clothing. I think the quality is great and pieces hold their value. I also know that I will get a fair resale price on items in good condition when I am done using them. However, gymboree clothes are pricey and at full price are way out of my budget. I have very strict rules when shopping for T. I can't fathom spending a lot on items that he may wear a few times or grow out of in a matter of months. So, my gymboree shopping rules are as follows:
1. I only shop during gymbuck earning time and gymbuck redemption time.
2. I only purchase items on sale and the items have to be at least 50% off the original price.
3. I attempt to never spend more than $10 on any one article of clothing. I usually spend much less than this but there are some things like jackets, holiday clothes, etc. that I may have to spend more than $10 on.
4. I only shop with a coupon. Coupons can often be found in various magazines. (Recently I found a 20% off coupon in the September issue of Oprah's magazine).
5. I only order online when I can get free shipping.
5. I keep all my receipts and don't remove tags until T is ready to wear the item. If I find the item marked down more than what I purchased it for I will re-buy the lower price item and return the one I bought at the higher price.

I recently added up my gymboree receipts for the last year and figured out that on average I only spent $5 per item of gymboree clothing that T has. That's a great deal because I should be able to resell it for that price and in the end I could break even!

Hope those tips help. Happy Shopping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment